Seeing as we’re a student paper, we thought it was about time we gave you some advice on student life! So here are some nifty tips and tricks to get you through (and to) those 9.15s.
1. The Hangover Cure. Before you go on a night out, put two glasses of water and some paracetamols beside your bed. Set two alarms- one for when you have to be up, and one for two hours or so before. Drain one glass when you get in, then the other with the paracetamol when the first alarm goes off. Then, next time you wake up, any headache should already be taken care of and you’re good to go!
2. Buy non-branded food- it’s pretty much exactly the same, just a hell of a lot cheaper.
3. Wash your undies by hand to save doing washes as frequently, and get a clothes horse to avoid doing as much tumble-drying.
4. Always have pasta. It is the best no-fuss dinner, as you can put something as simple as pesto or ketchup on it and still have a relatively enjoyable meal. Students <3 pasta.
5. If you’re in halls, always wear flip flops or some form of footwear to the shower- you don’t know who might have some yucky verruca’s.
6. Keep some loo roll stashed in your room for when the communal supply runs out. Trust us, there’s nothing worse than being caught with none left.
7. If you’re finding it hard to eat your fruit and veg before it goes off- just buy it frozen, it’s easier that way.
8. Put any important dates (assessment deadlines etc) in your phones calendar or a diary- because it’s impossible to keep it all in your head.
9. Buy some vitamins- even if you can’t always eat all the right stuff, these will help your body survive the late nights and amount of alcohol you’re putting it through.
10. Making your lunch everyday will save you a fortune, so buy Tupperware, and get making!
11. Always reference as you go along as it’s a complete nightmare trying to find where everything came from at the end.
12. Keep a fiver stashed in the back of your phone for emergencies, you never know when it’ll come in handy.
13. Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry- your belly will be in charge and you’ll end up with a mountain of food you wouldn’t have bought otherwise.
14. Spend some time decorating your room. It’s nice to have somewhere homely and welcoming to come back to after a long day of lectures, and it’ll be fun experimenting with a million fairy lights!
So there you have it, stick to these and you should be okay!
Be the first to comment on "UniVersal’s Top Student Tips"