It can seem like there are hundreds of things that you need to remember to bring to uni, and it may seem a little overwhelming, but don’t worry – we’ve got your back. Below is a list of everything that you need to bring with you.
- Bedding – I think it’s safe to say that this is pretty important. Make sure you remember:
– Duvet and duvet covers
– Pillows and pillowcases
– Sheets (fitted sheets are a lot easier)
– Blankets (great for movie nights, or just when the weather gets a bit chilly!)
- Toiletries – you can buy a lot of things once you get there, but make sure you at least have enough to last you for the first few days! It’s easy to get caught up in the novelty of student life and you might not get chance to go shopping right away. You’ll need:
– Towels (Bath towels, hand towels, flannels)
– Hairbrush/comb (and remember bobbles if you have long hair!)
– Toilet roll (if you have an ensuite, make sure to at least take one roll with you for the first day)
– Sanitary products (tampons, towels etc.)
– Shower gel
– Make-up remover/wipes
– Retainer (if you need one)
– Contact lenses/solution or glasses cleaner
– Shaving cream/razors
– Hand wash
- Clothes – obviously this will be high on your list of things to pack! Remember you aren’t just packing for the weather in autumn but for the whole year, so make sure you bring a range! Of course we can’t tell you exactly what clothes to pack, but here are a couple of things it might be easy to forget:
– Pyjamas (there’s nothing worse than getting to uni and realising you forgot your favourite pyjamas!)
– Slippers/dressing gown (might not be first on your mind, but they’re handy for that walk from your room to the communal kitchen)
– Scarves/gloves (It’s not quite cold enough for these yet, but once you get to winter you’ll be glad you remembered them)
– Waterproof coat (Believe me, you will be needing this.)
– Belts (easy to forget, and super annoying once you realise you don’t have any)
- Kitchenware – this depends on what sort of things you cook, but below is a list of the absolute essentials.
– Baking tray
– Frying pan
– Plates and bowls
– Cutlery (forks, knives, spoons)
– Cheese grater
– Tea towels/oven gloves
- Important documents
– ID (especially important for nights out!)
– Bank details (and probably at least one bank statement)
– National insurance number (you’ll need this if you’re getting a job at any point!)
– Laundry basket
– Coat hangers (some halls will have a few, but it’s never enough!)
– Door stop
– Plug extensions (and a circuit breaker)
And of course, remember all your chargers!
You can find our list of everything else to do before you get to uni here.
If you think we’ve missed something important let us know and we’ll add it on!